Coat or paint kitchen cabinets.
You want to renovate your kitchen but you don’t have enough budget to do it right now. But, there is another way to do it in a way much more economical than renovation. You can coat or paint kitchen cabinets and change all the handles with new ones. We know that this won’t be like a new one, but we are sure that you will have a view of a brand new kitchen. This way you can extend your kitchen cabinet’s life for another couple of years.
So, two things to do; coat or paint your cabinets and change the handles. As Pole Accessory, a cabinet hardware manufacturer, we produce the best-quality of cabinet handles and export them all around the world. But we have talked about our cabinet handles many times before in other posts that you can look at. So today, we will talk about coating or painting kitchen cabinets to make them like new.
Coat Kitchen Cabinets in a Practical, Fancy, and Economical Way
Coating your kitchen cabinets is maybe the easiest way to renovate your kitchen. Because it is not that much hard and you don’t need so many things. On the other hand, it is also a very joyful action, dealing with self-adhesive coating paper, and other materials.
What do you Need For Coating?
Here is the list of what you will need for coating your kitchen cabinet.
- Self-adhesive coating foil or paper,
- Kitchen cabinet cleaner spray,
- Damp cloth or microfibers,
- Self-adhesive cover caps.
And of course, you will also need a tape line, razor blade knife, scissors, spatula, and a cordless screwdriver.
How to Coat Kitchen Cabinets
You may think that coating the kitchen cabinet would be hard. But, as we mentioned, it is very easy and joyful. Just, you should be careful while working. Here are the steps to coat kitchen cabinets.
- First, you should dismantle cabinet doors in order to work freely. Use the cordless screwdriver for this job.
- Clean the doors and cabinets with cleaner and cloth. And you should be sure that they will be totally dust-free.
- Then measure the doors and cabinet parts with the tape line. Be sure that you measure all the visible parts of the cabinets. In order to have a great result, you should be very careful while measuring.
- And cut the self-adhesive foil or the paper according to the measures. Be careful about preparing the exact parts, and not to harm any surfaces while using scissors or the knife.
- Extract the covering back parts of the adhesive paper. Then apply it to the doors and other cabinet parts. Be sure that you leave no air bubbles or rooms between the surface and the paper. Use the spatula to push them through the edges.
- Then use the blade to cut the extra papers that will stay on the edges and joints.
- In order to provide adhesion better, you can press on the paper through the surface with the spatula. Also, you can use a hairdryer to make the paper strongly hold the surface.
- Change or reuse your cabinet handles.
- Mount the doors to the cabinet after everything has finished.
How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets for a Colorful Kitchen
So, you don’t want to use self-adhesive paper. Painting kitchen cabinets is another good idea. On the other hand, you can also paint the whole kitchen first, and then paint the cabinets. This will make your kitchen seem newer.
What do you Need For Painting?
- Water-based paint,
- Roller brush,
- Lining fitch,
- Protective cover,
and other materials like cleaning cloth, cordless screwdriver, and cleaner spray.
How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets
It may seem harder, but we think that painting a kitchen cabinet is really easier than coating. So here are the steps for painting.
- First, lay the cover on the countertop in order t protect the floor,
- You should clean the surfaces that you will paint first. If the cabinets are wood, and there are defects on the surface, use the sandpaper for a smooth surface.
- Apply the protecting tapes that you won’t paint.
- Again, you should dismantle the cabinet doors in order to work freely.
- Use a small roller brush for painting. You should paint it with vertical moves. Water-based paint will provide an odorless job.
- Use lining fitch to the places where you can’t reach.
- After the first one, you can paint for the second layer in order to have a better view.
- Take the tapes out and mount the doors to the cabinet.
This way you may have a brand new kitchen. You can also check our website for the components, other hardware, and accessories that you can use in your kitchen cabinets for renovation.